I heart U

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Fish make great dates!

   Fishing is a big part of Brandon's life. His relaxing time usually involves Fly Fishing, Lake Fishing, River Fishing and Ice Fishing, oh-and did I mention fishing?? Pretty much if you can throw a string in some water and catch a fish, he will do it. Although I was the person that introduced the sport to him, I am not quite as passionate about it as he is but I still enjoy going with him when I can. Today we got a babysitter, (thanks mom!) and headed out to Hyrum Dam. It was a great adventure! We had to hike down into the lake from the road and that made it seem that much more exciting.
   After finding the perfect spot and settling down for about 15 minutes, I felt my first bite! I said, "Brandon, I got a bite What do I do?" as I was saying this the fish bit my line again and the next thing I knew Brandon was running over toward me yelling "Pull up! pull up! pull up!" I quickly did so and started reeling in my prize. It was so exciting! I could feel the fish trying to get away but I finally got him to the surface and yanked him out of my hole. It was so fun! I highly recommend ice-fishing for a date, it makes for great memories!
Watching for bites.

Wait for it...
What a beauty! -So much fun!

3 comments:

  1. You caught something!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is amazing. So did Brandon???? You guys are great and I think that I should try this sport out.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is so cool! Weren't you scared to go out on the ice? You guys are so adventurous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a huge sport in Minnesota! I would be too afraid of the ice....yep, I'm a wimp. Love your blog! Fun to see you and your family!

    ReplyDelete