We love Halloween at our house. I love dressing up and carving pumpkins and the look of excitement on my kids faces. Here are a few pics of our festivities.
Lily was totally loving the slimy pumpkin guts and seeds. Maizee was a little hesitant to get her hands dirty with the guts but eventually warmed up to the idea. We Toasted the seeds and snacked on them during our Halloween movie, Monsters University. (good flick) We also made some homemade root beer. We totally botched the first batch because I miss read the recipe. -oops. But the second try was a success and the girls loved the dry ice smoke billowing over the pot.
| Getting ready for the costume march and carnival. |
| Princess castle! Picture time! |
| Adorable right? |
Maizee decided that she wanted to be Sofia the First. (Disney Channel princess.) She kept changing her mind until she saw a Sofia dress at the store. She was set on that and there was no changing her mind. My wonderful husband bought me a new sewing machine just before I started sewing away with the costumes. The Sofia dress was my first real attempt at clothing so I learned and unpicked a lot! But I am happy how it turned out. Lily was a Cabbage Patch Baby. She turned out to be perfect for it, with her round cheecks and big blue eyes. I made her a yarn wig. it was quite challenging, but sooooo cute! I was even more excited to see that she kept her wig on all night!
Next stop was our ward's trunk or treat. We met up with our good friends Jenna and Emilee and had a blast!
| Brandon dressed as smarty pants, and I was a cat. So fun! |
We had so much fun this year! It was a happy Halloween! Every year the holidays get better. can't wait for Thanksgiving!
Love the costumes! Good job, Mindy! And Lily makes the perfect cabbage patch doll--so cute!!!
ReplyDeleteYour girls are darling!
ReplyDelete