I heart U

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Almost Christmas!!

I just wanted to say a few things before my Christmas post. We have been enjoying our new life in Vernal. It is already so cold here, and we are trying our best to keep the kids warm while finding out we live in a VERY cold house. I left my snow boots on the floor in the kitchen and the next morning there was still ice on them! It's very common to find the thermometer read 49 degrees when I wake up. It has been an adjustment getting used to these frigid temperatures. After I bought everyone warm slippers, tubs of hot chocolate and a few space heaters, we are finally learning the tricks to staying warm.
 
 Before it snowed here, and before the it got below freezing we liked to drive up the road and visit our favorite fishing hole. The girls and I play in the sand while Daddy plays fisherman. He usually gets at least one at the lake but his time we had a surprise, Maizee caught one! It was her first fish and Daddy couldn't be prouder!
It was a biggy! Unfortunately I don't have a pic of the actual catching of the fish, but Maizee really reeled it in all by herself and was so excited!
We are so proud! 
Some other news is that Lily is walking! She loves her new independence and tries her best to keep up with everyone else. Maizee loves that Lily can walk, they play together daily and its fun to see Maizee look after little sister.

We are looking forward to Christmas and cannot wait see our family and friends again. I will have more pictures of our festivities in a few weeks. 

2 comments:

  1. We miss you but I'm so glad you're liking your new home! And way to go Maizee!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto to what Alice said. :) Also, our apartment is also really cold, but we bought some plastic to go over the windows at home depot, and it has helped a ton! Just a thought. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete