I know! I know! I have neglected my blog, but don't worry today is the day when you get an update. Christmas was really fun. We had Christmas morning at home and then traveled to visit both sides of family. I would post pics but I feel as though I have missed that band wagon.
January has been dreary and gray. Maizee and I have been trying our best to stay busy and not become to attached to Netflix. For some of our activities Maizee made a beautiful Mural drawing and had loads of fun with homemade bubbles. It is a challenge to think of new activities for her to do everyday but I am grateful for the fact that she would be happy playing with a empty cardboard box. (it simplifies things a little).
I have been reading my favorite series of culinary murder mysteries over again because a new book in the series just came out. I have mentioned them before in my blog but for those who can't remember they are called the Sadie Hoffmiller series written by Josi S. Kilpack. The recipes in the books are great and last week I decided to make her Devil's Food Cake. It was delicious! The only thing I would change is adding some chocolate chips.
Today I just got back from another one of my friend's baby shower. I was asked to make the cake and of course I couldn't say no. It was so fun to make and I always wanted to make an island scene, so here are the pics!
 |
| All of the figurines are made out of fondant. I made the waves by generously applying buttercream frosting and then swirling it with a spoon. |
 |
| This tree was held together with 4 straws. You can kind of see the straws in the picture. |
 |
| Is it tacky to say this is the cutest lion I've ever seen?! |
 |
| The sand is made from brown sugar. |
 |
| Taking its place at the shower. |
So that is what we have been up to. Have a great day!
Cute cake! I always look for those books at the library, but they are always checked out! Boo! I must read them!
ReplyDeleteP.S. Maizee is as cute as ever! I miss seeing you guys!