I heart U

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Happy Birthday!!!

   These last few days have been full of funness.  Maizee's 1st birthday was yesterday, but we decided to celebrate it last Saturday with our family and friends. It was so much fun to spoil my Maizee, and it was so hard to NOT spoil her. I wanted to buy every little girly thing I saw in the store! Here are some photos of the momentous occasion.

   First are the cakes that I made. I wanted to have a very girly cake, but not a princess theme. (everybody has a princess theme. :) ) So I decided to go with butterflies. I found a perfect fondant recipe that is tons easier to work with than what I had to work with in the past. It was so much fun! I loved making these cakes for Maizee.

This is the big cake for everyone.

This is Maizee's own smash cake, she liked the butterfly. :)


Her very first taste of cake and frosting...she spit it out!

After a while she decided she liked it.

Opening presents...she especially liked her stuffed piggy and ladybug. :)

Kiddie pool with cousins.
     We had a great time. There was a kiddie pool for the little ones, a crazy sprinkler to run through and for the adults, water balloons and squirt guns. It was a blast, and thanks to everyone who came to celebrate with us!
   
    For Maizee's "real" birthday yesterday we had a small and simple party here at home. We had more cake...


  
  And a few more presents.    It was a lot of fun and I can't believe my baby is a year old! Time FLIES!

   Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of the final cake I made, but here is some of the cupcakes.


My first attempt at fondant rose buds. So fun!

This is what went on top of her chocolate smash cake, she loved it!

  All in all it has been a great few days. Thanks for checking it out!

2 comments:

  1. It's not letting me leave a comment for some reason, so I am going to try to leave an anonymous one. It looks like the birthday was a huge success. You can never go wrong with cake. You make cute cakes. We may have to move to your area so you can make cakes for me! Kiss Maizee a birthday hug from me! Love, Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cakes are awesome, Mindy! Sorry we missed the party! It looks like it was a success! And Maizee is as cute as ever!

    ReplyDelete