I heart U

Friday, September 2, 2011

Yellowstone Adventure!

    Well, we finally did it. Our long awaited backpacking trip around Shoshone Lake in Yellowstone National Park. It was a pretty intense trail. We hiked over three mountain ridges and ten miles to get to our first campsite. Needless to say I was super tired and worn-out by the time we got there. Our original plan was to hike all the way around the lake which would be 30 miles. 10 miles each day. Well, everyone was so tired the second day that we decided to turn around and hike back to our car. I was very relieved to find that everyone else wanted to go back. We camped with our good friends Skyler and Chelsey and my brother Porter. Porter had never been to Yellowstone so we took him sightseeing and saw some pretty cool wildlife. Lots of Buffalo one of which got really close to us, I ran toward our car but Brandon and Porter got as close as they dared. From a distance we saw 3 Grizzly Bears, and one black bear, and we also saw some elk. I always thought Yellowstone was overrated, not anymore! It was totally awesome and amazing and marvelous and just plain cool! We are already planning our next trip! I have already talked to much so I will let the pictures tell the rest.
First Campsite before we hiked

First campsite after we hiked. We had to hang all our gear to keep it from the bears.

Ready for our second day of hiking.


Buffalo

Old faithful smoldering.

Everyone waiting for Old Faithful to erupt.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a lot of fun! And yeah, 30 miles in three days sounds a bit crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds fun you guys! That's cool you got to see so many bears. I've been wanting to see a black bear all summer.

    ReplyDelete