I heart U

Thursday, March 17, 2011

My very first ever!

So I have finally done it. I made my very first wedding/fondant cake this week. It took me 2 days. I have never made a cake that took as long, but I had fun doing it. Here are some pics, but don't judge me to harshly. :)
Adding the fondant.



And a pic with Maizee, just for good measure. :)
This was a practice cake for a friend's bridal shower. I know it's not perfect, but I learned a ton, and can't wait to start my next one! Cake anyone?

3 comments:

  1. Min, that looks awesome!!! I love it!! I can't beleive this is the first. Most people wouldn't even take a picture of theirs because it probably would have fallen apart. I think yours is stunning and supper cute. So, are you going to eat all of it or do I get some of that practice cake??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I think that you need a cake plate.... something that stands up off the table. it would be super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mindy this is awesome! You are so talented! This could be the beginning of something great! :)

    ReplyDelete