I heart U

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Keepin' on

The time has flown by these last few months. I can't believe we are past Valentine's day and are heading into spring. At least that's how it feels here. It has been quite warm, warm enough to venture outside without even a jacket! -gasp!!
We have been trying to stay busy during this dreary winter. February is my least favorite month because the snow is slowly melting, the skies are always gray and there is a severe case of cabin fever going around. Thankfully there is an awesome library here, and a totally cool rec center that the girls and I have taken full advantage of this season.
Some things that has happened recently are I joined a community choir. I attended the first rehearsal and am feeling a little overwhelmed. The music is very difficult, and let's just say it's not like a ward choir. Maizee and Lily are learning to play together and many times it isn't successful. Between a girl who likes to be the "mother" and a girl who is on the extreme side of stubborn it doesn't always work. However they do love eachother and are fun to listen to when they do play together. Maizee's favorite thing to do recently is sing. The song we often hear is "Part of your world" from the little mermaid. I don't know why, but everytime she sings it I find myself stopping in my tracks to listen to her. There is something about hearing my girls happiness that I just cherish. Lily is talking talking talking. She will repeat sounds very well and can identify many animals and their sounds. Everyday a little bit of her personality comes out and I just have to laugh. Example:
The other day we gave the girls a small box of chocolates for Valentine's day. Maizee looked at the box and commented on the princess pictured on the box before she opened it. She then took small nibbles of the chocolate, and took her time eating it. (Like her dad.) Lily saw her box and yelled until I opened it. She had her chocolates gobbled up before 10:00 am. (totally like her mom-sadly) Later she spied Maizee's half eaten chocolates and when Maizee wasn't looking tried her best to finish the rest of them. There was a melt down, and tears. Brandon and I couldn't help but chuckle a little bit at our exciting moments.

We have made some good friends in our ward and was lucky enough to do a Valentine's Date swap with them. It was a real treat having some time to ourselves for a few hours. 

Here are the pictures of our adventures these last few months:

Classic Lily
These next two are our daily dance parties we have after lunch

Again, classic Lily
Maizee singing 'Part of Your World"

Gotta love these girls!

2 comments: